Friday, January 2, 2009

NOLA - Day 3


Happy New Year!  Tom and I spent our New Years watching The Terminator and Tom's first Law & Order. I congratulated myself for staying up past midnight. On New Years day, we had jazz brunch reservations at Court of Two Sisters (pictured), a restaurant a classmate of ours recommended. They had over 60 hot and cold dishes with live jazz music playing in the background. 

After breakfast, we headed back to our hotel and did some laundry (romantic, no?). Due to some circumstances not within our control, we did not take a cruise on the Steamboat Natchez like I had planned. Everyone, it seemed, is in town for the Sugar Bowl, which resulted in crowded streets and tortoise-like lines that formed everywhere. We didn't do much for the rest of the afternoon except nap and going to Cafe du Monde for the third time (!!!). 

1 comment:

Frances Rae said...

That is so sweet that you got to go to Cafe du Monde three times! I got a pack of matches from the Court of Two Sisters on our trip -- but we didn't eat there because they close between lunch and dinner. We first tried the Gumbo Shop (same problem), and they recommended Court of Two Sisters. Then they were closed but the hostess recommended yet another place that WAS open. I totally wanted to eat at the Court of Two Sisters, though, with my sis.