Friday, May 23, 2008

I feel recessed.


Strangely enough, it is not the slump in the housing market, or the $4 dollar per gallon of gas, or the layoffs, or the general solemn and morose atmosphere that seems to emanate from people these days that makes me feel like we are in a recession, even though no one official will come out and say it. It's actually the little things - the things that affect me on a daily basis - that remind me the economy is slow.

For example, we use to have Little Moos, or half-and-half creamers, at work and now we don't. Apparently this one restaurant we went to use to provide free bread, and now customers have to ask for it. And my favorite rubber stamp company increased their price for shipping. The reason for these changes weren't explicit, but the message is loud and clear: We're in a recession, stupid!

No comments: